ADSM-L

AIX to Solaris migration path?

2004-03-11 19:27:30
Subject: AIX to Solaris migration path?
From: "Stanley, Jon" <Jon.Stanley AT SAVVIS DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:26:04 -0600
I just inheritied a TSM server that is running on AIX that I need to
migrate to Solaris.  The system is using an ACSLS controlled library,
has about a 65GB database, and 11GB recovery log.  I've read many times
on this list that a database backup is not a migration tool - more of a
disaster recovery tool.  That being said, what is the best way to
accomplish such a migration?  There's 479 nodes defined on the system,
and probably about 20TB of data in the tape for backups, and about 1TB
for archives,