ADSM-L

Assign management class to UNC path

2004-03-11 10:44:28
Subject: Assign management class to UNC path
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:38:46 -0600
Server: TSM 5.1.8.0 on AIX 4.3.3
Client: TSM 5.1.6.0 on Windows 2000 SP3

I am trying to assign a non-default management class to a UNC path of the
form "\\server\share$".  The UNC path is listed in a DOMAIN statement per
instructions of IBM SW Support.  Ordinary incremental backups work fine.
Attempts to add that path as an INCLUDE in the OPT file with the
management class appended cause the Windows TSM Scheduler service to fail
with ANS1036S "Invalid option...".  I've verified the class name.
I've tried every syntax option I can think of, including:
   \\server\share$
   \\server\share$\*
   \\server\share$\...\*
   share$

So how to I assign a non-default management class to that UNC share?

Note that the "share$" is effectively a "virtual mount point" for Windows.
 I use it for BackupSet generation.

Thanks.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator