ADSM-L

[no subject]

2004-03-11 07:58:45
From: Ted Byrne <ted.byrne AT ADELPHIA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:27:35 -0500
Robert,

Did the library load the cartridge in the correct drive? Make sure that the element number that you've defined for the drive /dev/mt1 is the right one for the location of the in the library.

What you're describing sounds very much like the way TSM acts if there is a mismatch between device name and element number. Drive device/element numbers do not necessarily stay constant when moving to new hardware.

Ted