ADSM-L

Re: Copy Pool expiration conundrum

2004-03-10 15:35:35
Subject: Re: Copy Pool expiration conundrum
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:34:39 -0500
>However, on some nodes I've used the move nodedata thinking that as
>primary pools were backed up to copy pools and data was no longer
>present in the primary the copy pool data would expire, but this has not
>been the case.

Jim - Copy storage pools are tenacious... which is to say that they really
      do their job.  In ADSM QuickFacts I have this synopsis of how to deal
with that, as suggested by other posters:

Copy Storage Pool, delete node data     You cannot directly delete a node's data
                                        from a copy storage pool; but you can
                                        circuitously effect it by using MOVe
                                        NODEdata to shift the node's data to
                                        separate tapes in the copy stgpool