ADSM-L

Restore Volume Problems

2004-03-09 21:30:58
Subject: Restore Volume Problems
From: David Benigni <dbenigni AT LUTRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:30:08 -0500
Recently I had a tape get destroyed in a tape drive.  I did the typical
procedure in the Tivoli Admin Manual to restore the volume.

All the tapes specified in the restore vol xxxxx prev=yes where brought
on site.  However after we did the restore I got a warning "ANR1256W"
regarding some files couldn't be restored.  Doing a restore vol xxxxx
prev=yes doesn't show any volumes that are needed to restore it.
Reclamation has not occured since the tape was destroyed.  The tape is
beyond repair and can't do a move data from it.

Has anyone run across this?  Any recommendations?

TIA

Dave