ADSM-L

TSM and Windows 98

2004-03-08 10:06:56
Subject: TSM and Windows 98
From: Bill Fitzgerald <wfitzger AT MHC DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:06:13 -0500
I have 3 clients that are currently using Windows 98se and have
standalone applications that cannot  run on the Novell network.
They need to be backed up automatically on a daily basis, but because
the information on them is highly sensitive (we are a hospital) the
desktop can not be left signed on 24X7. Even a password protected screen
saver is not really acceptable as far as the data security people are
concerned.

If there a way to run the Windows 9X client and still have the PC not
signed on? As a "service"?

Thanks in advance

Bill

William Fitzgerald