ADSM-L

Re: Script to checkout tapes

2004-03-05 10:38:02
Subject: Re: Script to checkout tapes
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:37:58 -0500
Guess it would depend on your server and tape library environment:

/home/root/bin/dsmcmd \
"select volume_name from volumes where stgpol_name="STGPOOL1' AND NOT
access='OFFSITE' " > SQLLIST

grep "^[000]" SQLTEST > VOLLIST

Offsitevols < VOLLIST

Offsitevols ()
# read in tape vol input until EOF
# issue checkout then update for each vol
{
while read volname; do
echo "Going offsite: " $volname
/home/root/bin/dsmcmd "CHECKO LIBV IBM3494A $volname "
/home/root/bin/dsmcmd "UPDATE VOL $volname ACC=OFFSITE"
done
}

>>> kevingodfrey AT CATHS.CO DOT UK 3/5/2004 10:03:30 AM >>>
I am going to install an Exchange server with a TSM client and backup
all the data to our TSM server. Every day I would like the TSM server
checkout the volume/s that are used by the Exchange node (we are going
to be taking a full backup each day). Does anyone out there have an
example of a script that could help automate the checkout process? FYI
our TSM library only has one drive and no copy storage pools.

Thanks

Kevin