ADSM-L

2 LTO-Drives Load-Balancing

2004-03-03 08:56:50
Subject: 2 LTO-Drives Load-Balancing
From: Patrick Rainer <Patrick.Rainer AT ARZ.CO DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:41:03 +0100
Hello TSM users, a.a.o.o

I searched the mailinglist archive and the discussion forum, but did not
found a solution for my problem.
We are using TSM 5.2.2.1 for library evaluation. We are testing a HP
MSL5030 with two LTO1 drives.
Our disks provide a datarate of about 20MB/s.
LTO1 supports a datarate of maximum 15MB/s and starts STOP-and-GO-Mode at
about 7MB/s.
My question:
Is the TSM-Server balancing the load of the two drives?
That means: Every drive gets about 10MB/s
Or gets one drive 15 MB/s and the other only 5 MB/s?

We tried to analyze this load, but it isn't that simple. The only way is
to calculate the load out of the transfered bytes and the needed time.
How is it possible to monitor the load of one drive?
(HP told us, we shoud check if the LED's are blinking slow or fast ?!?)

Any ideas??

Best regards

Patrick