ADSM-L

Different client option sets on different days?

2004-03-02 18:23:45
Subject: Different client option sets on different days?
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:25:56 -0600
TSM 4.3.2.1 on winders 2k, varioius clients

I have a challenge from my boss and I needs some help.

I need to backup things differently than I do now.  I have been backing up
basically everything on
a server every day (using incrementals on TSM of course).

Now, we are making two classes of servers.
1. Application servers, do backups like we have been, but only on weekends.
        -- this one is easy.  Just a different schedule.

2. Office servers, do backups like we have on weekends (so far so good).
    (I set up a different Policy set for Office servers versus Application
servers)
    but DAILY, backup a couple of big directories and a few (but standard
directories).
        daily backup d:\home\* and d:\group\* and d:\apps\an-application\*

I can set up the exclude/includes OK in different client option sets.  But
how do I schedule
to run with different client option sets on Windows through the TSM
scheduler?

Or if I need to re-think it, please point me in the right direction.

TIA .. JC