ADSM-L

Re: Problems with binding mgt class to file

2004-03-02 15:25:02
Subject: Re: Problems with binding mgt class to file
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:53:47 -0500
>I believe that's the fix - ran an incr right after I changed that to a
>single * and it applied the new DBDUMPS mgt class. But from your email, it
>would seem that "all existing backup versions will be rebound to the DBDUMPS
>management class". However, I just ran that incr, and opening up the BA GUI
>shows that all previous dumps are bound to the DEFAULT mgt class.

The rebinding will occur if you do not have an overriding server-side cloptset
with conflicting Includes; if the backup type is an unqualified 'dsmc i';
if the Includes have the proper mgmtclass; and most importantly that the
subject files are still present on the client in order to participate in
the backup and rebinding.  We haven't heard back about your 'dsmc query
inclexcl' results, which verifies the specs.  More detail will help us to
assist you in this.

   Richard Sims