ADSM-L

expire inventory, examined objects

2004-03-02 06:41:05
Subject: expire inventory, examined objects
From: Karl Roessmann <K.Roessmann AT FKF.MPG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:38:35 +0100
Storage Management Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 5, Release 1, Level 7.3

We do EXPPRE INVENTORY every day and receive a message
like

                       ANR0812I Inventory file expiration process 9171
completed:
                       examined 4761131 objects, deleting 56808 backup objects,
                       0 archive objects, 0 DB backup volumes, and 0 recovery
                       plan files. 0 errors were encountered.

During the last year the number of examined objects did not change
dramatically, but
since last week we have an increase of 1.5 million examined objects.

We observed the number of inactive files and DEACTIVATE_DATE
from the BACKUPS table.

We observed the number of files in AUDITOCCUPANCY

We could not find any explanation.

Any ideas ?

--
Karl Roessmann                          Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Max-Planck-Institut FKF                 Fax. +49-711-689-1198