ADSM-L

Strange RETRIEVE behaviour

2004-02-26 03:21:06
Subject: Strange RETRIEVE behaviour
From: Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTNGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:20:49 +0100
Hi All,

I've noticed some strange behaviour with RETRIEVE, which I haven't been
able to explain yet.

I've made an ARCHIVE with: dsmc archive -archmc=xyz *.txt -v2archive
-filesonly -subdir=no -descr="XYZ"
This archive was made from the directory /volume/a.

When I do a dsmc retrieve "*" /temp/ -filesonly -descr="XYZ" when still in
/volume/a, all files are retrieved.
When I do the same when switched to /volume/b (different filesystem)
nothing is retrieved.

Has anyone got a clue to why this isn't working? I want to be able to
retieve files from any location, regarding what the orginal path was
(hence the -v2archive with the archive operation).

I've tried this with the TSM 5.2.2 client on both Linux and Windows, with
the same effect.
Also I tried with TSM Server 5.2.2.1 on Linux and Windows, but that also
didn't make any difference.

Richard.