ADSM-L

Re: FW: OS/390 2.10 upgrade to TSM 5.2

2004-02-25 14:46:38
Subject: Re: FW: OS/390 2.10 upgrade to TSM 5.2
From: Joe Howell <jhowell_tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:46:15 -0800
We just upgraded from 5.1.8 to 5.2.2 on z/OS 1.4.  No problems so far.  I was
pleasantly surprised to see how much of my database I got back after I ran the
CLEANUP BACKUPGROUPS though.

"Nancy R. Brizuela" <Brizuela AT UWYO DOT EDU> wrote:Hello,

We are thinking of upgrading from TSM 5.1.8 to TSM 5.2, running on
OS/390 V2.10. We are also planning to upgrade to Z/os 4.1 this summer.
Has anyone running TSM 5.2 on OS/390 or Z/os run into any problems not
encountered in 5.1? I am aware that I need to run CLEANUP BACKUPGROUPS
before upgrading but didn't see any other conversation about this
platform on the list. Thanks!

Nancy Brizuela
University of Wyoming
IBM Systems Group