ADSM-L

Re: Full W2K Server restore

2004-02-25 11:21:02
Subject: Re: Full W2K Server restore
From: "Barnes, Kenny" <Kenny.Barnes AT GMACINSURANCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:20:17 -0500
We have been able to restore AD to the same hardware by restoring the
c:\* and then restoring all system objects with out rebooting. Once both
have been restored, then reboot.  Restoring to different hardware is
another story.

Client version 5.1.5.

We are starting to use VMware and run a DC with no primary roles and
backup the OS as a file and restore the file from TSM.