ADSM-L

Re: Copy Storage Pool Question

2004-02-24 13:18:13
Subject: Re: Copy Storage Pool Question
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:17:06 -0500
I believe to do what you propose, you would have to bring the offsite
volumes onsite.  This is not allowed at our site.

>>> shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM 2/24/2004 2:48:13 AM >>>
Avoid deleting volumes. You can also do something like this to achieve
your
needs.
What du you want to spend time on, recreating volumes or move data?

UPD VOL * WHERESTG=COPYPOOL ACCESS=READO
MOVE NODEDATA XXX FROMSTG=COPYPOOL
DELETE VOL copypool-vol-created-above DISCARDDATA=YES
UPD VOL * WHERESTG=COPYPOOL ACCESS=READWR

//Henrik

                    David E
                    Ehresman               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <deehre01@LOUIS        cc:     (bcc: Henrik
Wahlstedt)
                    VILLE.EDU>             Subject:     Re: Copy
Storage Pool Question
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    2004-02-23
                    18:45
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

If I use the move "nodedata>" command to move the primary copy
>to the new storage pool and then back it up to the different copy
>storage pool will the copy in the original copy storage pool be
>automatically discarded? If not what is the best way to do this?

No, it will not automatically discard the old copy pool data.

The best way, and it's not a particularly good way, is to 'dev vol
xxxxxx discarddata=yes' for the volumes in the old storage pool that
had
that node's data and then do a 'backup stg old_primary old_copy' to
re-backup any other node data that was on the deleted tapes.

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of
the
information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not
the
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete
this message.
Thank you.