ADSM-L

TDP for Domino v1.1 / Can it restore Notes v5.0a databases containing encrypted folders?

2004-02-23 18:01:08
Subject: TDP for Domino v1.1 / Can it restore Notes v5.0a databases containing encrypted folders?
From: Kent Monthei <Kent.J.Monthei AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:58:40 -0500
Does anyone know whether TDP/Domino v1.1 properly handles(d) restores of
Notes Domino R5.0a databases that contain Notes-encrypted folders?  Was it
ever supported, & if so was it ever problematic for TSM & TDP/Domino?

We had a high-profile restore fail recently, and are trying to pinpoint
the cause.  Management is concerned that TSM may not be capable of
restoring encrypted folders.

If this was a problem, was it resolved in a later release?  What release?
If TSM/TDP does support restores of encrypted folders, where is this
documented?  If it is supported, are there any special requirements,
precautions or procedures that we might have missed ?

-rsvp, thanks

Kent Monthei
GlaxoSmithKline