ADSM-L

AW: Generate backupset on manual DLT drive

2004-02-20 08:58:53
Subject: AW: Generate backupset on manual DLT drive
From: "Bleicher, Thomas" <bleicher AT NETZLINK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:58:05 +0100
We do backupsets regularly and I set up some customers' servers
for backup sets. It's much easier to understand for them to
handle only one tape instead of backup data tape _and_ db backup.

We use manual DLT drives, too. I found I had to wait for the
server to produce the mount request before the tape was
recognised in the drive; the server just waited for the tape
to be mounted though it was already in the drive.

Your specific problem: Where is the data that's going to be
copied to the backup set coming from? Is this the same tape
drive / device class you are using to write? You can't read
_and_ write using a mountlimit of 1.

Thomas Bleicher
Netzlink Informationstechnik GmbH