ADSM-L

TSM-monitoring script that provides summary of daily backups

2004-02-19 06:07:58
Subject: TSM-monitoring script that provides summary of daily backups
From: Alexander Fuchs <A.Fuchs01 AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:52:16 +0100
Hello,

as this is my first e-mail, I'd like to introduce myself:
My name is Alexander Fuchs, I'm from Germany (Frankfurt).
I'm working as a Solaris and Linux admin. For some time, we're backing
up our systems with TSM. We don't actually
administrate the TSM-Server, we're only doing the client-based stuff
(that includes creation of mgmt-classes, schedules...).

What we need is a good report-script, that queries the TSM database and
provides us with a good summary of the backups.

I know that a kind person named Michael French has written such a
script and is willing to share it with other people. So if he's reading
this
I'd appreciate very much if he would send me his script, because it
does what we are looking for.

If any other person has written such a script or knows a good resource
I'd be glad to contact him/her too.

Anyway thanks a lot for your replies.

Regards,
Alexander Fuchs