ADSM-L

Netware 6 SP4 and TSM

2004-02-18 09:35:37
Subject: Netware 6 SP4 and TSM
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:34:51 -0500
Service Pack 4 was applied to the departmental Netware cluster over the
weekend and we're now seeing what are basically selective backups of the
cluster volumes. I've heard there's a problem with setting the archive
bit in this SP. I've got client 5.2.2.0 on the nodes currently but saw
where there is now a 5.2.2.3 client available. Any chance the client
will fix what seems to be an issue with the tsafs.nlm? Our netware guy
has heard inklings of having to regress to the tsa600 nlm to fix this.

Additionally, when restoring a file from one of these nodes if you want
to restore to a different location the web client only recognizes the
sys volume. Original location restore works fine.

What kind of experiences have 'you' seen? I get the feeling tsafs is not
soup yet when it comes to TSM!!

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems