ADSM-L

IC27346 and message ANS4018E

2004-02-13 12:05:40
Subject: IC27346 and message ANS4018E
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:05:16 -0500
Windows 2000 5.2.2.0 client
Windows 2000 TSM server 5.2.1.2

During the backup of a network attached drive, we see ANS4018E messages in
the error log on the client. Looking in the help and the latest Messages
manual doesn't show this message. Searching on IBM only gave me 3 hits that
were old. Searching ADSM-L archives gave me lots of stuff!! Andy's emails on
APAR IC27346 seems to hit the nail on the head. The APAR discusses the
USEUNICODEFILENAMES option. That options isn't in the 5.2.2 client manual.
Doing a QUERY OPT on the client doesn't list that. I can add it to the
DSM.OPT file and not get an error starting the client.

The filespaces on this node are not unicode, but will this option actually
DO anything?? It's not documented in the client manual or help for the 5.2.2
client.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??