ADSM-L

Re: Migration of TSM server from OS390 or Z-OS to a UNIX or Windo ws platform

2004-02-12 17:13:57
Subject: Re: Migration of TSM server from OS390 or Z-OS to a UNIX or Windo ws platform
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:13:28 -0500
Here's another ugh:

We converted 2 AIX TSM servers to Windows TSM servers, total about 150
clients, < 5 TB.

For the first one, I moved the backup data (via server to server
export/import).  It was so time-consuming that for the other, we just moved
archives and started backups fresh.

But the other thing we ran into was that the password has to be reset on the
client end, even though the nodes were created/registered on the new server
via export/import.  Something about the way the password is encrypted.  Not
sure what it means in your case, but that was actually the worst part of the
logistics for us, as clients are scattered all over.