ADSM-L

TDPO configuration file locations

2004-02-09 17:41:52
Subject: TDPO configuration file locations
From: "Harris, Jason (DIS)" <JasonH AT DIS.WA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:41:35 -0800
I use Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle 2.2.1, BA and API client 5.2.0 on
Oracle 9.2, Solaris 9.  TSM is on Solaris 8.

When starting a TDPO channel, the tdpo.conf is referenced.   Within
tdpo.conf, a dsm.opt is referenced.   In documentation, filespace /adsmorc
must be bound to correct management class in the dsm.sys file or else the
backups will be attached to the policy's default management class.   Does
anyone know where this dsm.sys should be ?  Should it be in the same
directory as dsm.opt ?   Should it be in the API directory ?  TDPO directory
?   BA directory ?   Our backups are never expiring off of the TSM server,
the /adsmorc filespace keeps getting bigger and it should not.

Does anyone know how to find out which mgmt class TDPO backups are bound to
?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Harris
Enterprise Business Solutions