ADSM-L

AW: predefined backup

2004-02-05 07:48:47
Subject: AW: predefined backup
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:52:41 +0100
Hi,
its is perfect possible using the command line client.
The simplest command to start is
        "dsmc incr"
or, if you would prefer to offer more classical way of backup,
        "dsmc arch d:\path\*"

You probably want your users only have clicked on an icon,
so you can prepare one pointing to for example CMD.EXE
with Parameter
"/C c:\programs\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmc.exe incr"
and working directory set to c:\programs\tivoli\tsm\baclient.

You are supposed to have read the manuals first,
there are tons of options related to this,
like whether to backup subdirectories or not - so be sure to set it up right
way.

regards
Juraj Salak