ADSM-L

Re: Need Help Getting MS-EXCHANGE Cluster backups to work

2004-02-04 12:45:26
Subject: Re: Need Help Getting MS-EXCHANGE Cluster backups to work
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:44:11 -0500
Thanks
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Del
Hoobler
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 11:45 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Matt,

Data Protection for Exchange was run and tested in an Exchange 2003/Windows
2003 MSCS environment.
When setting up the failover for the scheduler service, you also need to set
up registry replication so that upon a failover, the password stored in the
registry is copied to the failover node registry.
You need to make sure that you are using CLUSTERNODE YES in the DSM.OPT file
so that the encryption/decryption of the TSM password is the same on both
nodes. Take a look at the Data Protection for Exchange User's Guide in the
section that discusses running it in an MSCS environment.
Also, take a look at the Appendix that discusses setting up automated
scheduling. It also talks about what you need to do when setting this up for
an MSCS cluster environment.

If you are still running into problems, please call IBM support and they can
get your through the issues.

Thanks,

Del

> Hello all,
>     Our MS people are having a terrible time getting the new MS2003
exchange
> cluster to work.  They have experience on the regular servers but this
> cluster backup seems to have a continues steam of problems.
>     The OS on the client is MS 2003, the Exchange is 2003,  the TSM
client
> is 5.1.5.0, the TDP is 5.2.   The TSM server is 5.1.8.1 on z/os 1.4.
>
> It appears that the installation losses the password.  The indivual
servers
> SERVER-A and SERVER-B backup O.K. but the MS-EXchange backup initially
lost
> the License.  So we reloaded that from one of the NEW (same software
levels,
> but not a cluster) MS-Exchanges stand alone servers. I guess they are
tired
> of reinstalling the product.  Anyway, now that it has the License it
looses
> the password.  I, the TSM server admin, am truely confused as to how
this is
> supposed to work.  Were is the MS server supposed to keep a TDP
> Exchange password if the service can fail over to a different server ( A
or B).
> When it would fail over there is no password.  Are all of the TSM
> installation softweare supposed to be in some shared disk directory.
Right