ADSM-L

Re: Restore command help...

2004-02-03 18:10:45
Subject: Re: Restore command help...
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:09:20 +1000
Ben

This is  a good candidate for the new(ish)  filelist option

find /image_data50/*/05 -name "*.tar" > /tmp/filelist
dsmc restore -filelist

HTH

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

>>> bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM 04/02/2004 1:51:27 >>>
        Hmm, I was afraid of that...
        That snippet from the manual is indeed what I am seeing, but I
find it interesting that the "q backup..." command will return the list
of files, but the "restore..." will fail with the same file spec. You
would think (hope) that they would behave the same.

        Luckily, shortly after I sent the e-mail I realized that the
actual file names that the developers were using were named after the
path that the file was in. So, I'm able to do the restore running a
command like this:

        dsmc restore /image_data01/*-05.tar -inactive=yes -subdir=yes

        But still, if these files were not named in this way, it looks
like I would not be able to restore them with a simple command. You
can't "restore certain files only from sub-directories with a certain
name"

Live and learn...
Ben