ADSM-L

Re: Restore command help...

2004-02-03 07:53:04
Subject: Re: Restore command help...
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 07:52:39 -0500
>I can get this command to show me what is backed up:
>   q backup /image_data50/*/05/*.tar -inactive=yes -subdir=yes
>
>But when I change it to a restore command, I get this:
>        tsm> restore '/image_data50/*/05/*.tar' -inactive=yes -subdir=yes
>        Restore function invoked.
>
>ANS1081E Invalid search file specification '/image_data50/*/05/*.tar' entered

Ben - This morning I better see what the problem may be...

Chapter 10 of the Unix client manual (Using commands) specifies:

 "In a command, you can use wildcard characters in the file name or file
  extension only. You cannot use them to specify destination files, file
  systems, or directories."

In your case, no "To" spec was in force, so the source and destination were
the same.

 Richard Sims,  http://people.bu.edu/rbs