ADSM-L

Re: Restore command help...

2004-02-02 20:23:27
Subject: Re: Restore command help...
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:23:03 -0500
>I can get this command to show me what is backed up:
>   q backup /image_data50/*/05/*.tar -inactive=yes -subdir=yes
>
>But when I change it to a restore command, I get this:
>        tsm> restore '/image_data50/*/05/*.tar' -inactive=yes -subdir=yes
>        Restore function invoked.
>
>ANS1081E Invalid search file specification '/image_data50/*/05/*.tar' entered

Ben - It may be the use of quotes in dsmc interactive mode, which might cause
      a client at a given maintenance level to take the asterisks as
characters rather than wildcards.  Use quotes at the shell level, to keep
the shell from expanding wildcards and pass them to TSM for it to expand:
don't use quotes in dsmc interactive mode.
It might also be that you have infringing filespace names in effect for
that client such that TSM thinks that the first asterisk may be part of
the filespace name.  Enclose the filespace portion in braces to explicitly
delineate that for the client.
Also note that the -INActive option is a declarative which has no Yes/No
qualifier.
Fully practice with Query Backup to assure desired results before
proceeding with Restore.

  Richard Sims, http://people.bu.edu/rbs