ADSM-L

AW: Primary storage pool on disk

2004-02-02 11:53:31
Subject: AW: Primary storage pool on disk
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:51:59 +0100
Hi, my approach:

Design your primary pool on fast disks with a size that is enough for your
daily backupvolume.
If the daily backup volume is not to much and the main volume comes from
daily changing files you can size your primary pool
so that the files expire on primary before they migrate to the next pool.
A second pool on cheaper ATA disk is good enough for the files that (never)
change.
A FastT with Raid 5 should be fast enough and can be mixed with fc and ata
disks.

Kind Regards
Stefan Holzwarth