ADSM-L

Re: Restore problem with ITSM 5.1.7

2004-02-02 10:01:31
Subject: Re: Restore problem with ITSM 5.1.7
From: Adesh Manjrekar <adeshm AT BOM.ONTRACKIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 07:11:40 -0800
Dear Richard

The ITSM GUI client ver 5.1.6 is being used for restores on a Windows NT
4.0 Server operating system. The ITSM server ver is 5.1.7.

While I try to restore a folder from the backup from the client I am
prompted the mesage waiting for files. While the same is tried for
restoring a file the process completes successfully.

On the server console if I go to the Activity Log I see the following
message.

ANS1247I Waiting for files from the server...
The dsmerror.log does not report any error about this event. I am very sure
about the state of the media and the primary storage pool and can confirm
it to be good.

I even tried the command line option and that has not worked either.
I used the below mentioned command

C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\baclient>dsmc restore
\\kumus641\e$\data\mum.pun\refrencefileserver\d\refer\projects\* e:\test\
-subdir=yes

Please let me know if you want me to give you any other information

Warm Regards
Adesh Manjrekar
Network Support Engineer