ADSM-L

TSM-server on Solaris / 53c875-HBA

2004-01-30 05:24:51
Subject: TSM-server on Solaris / 53c875-HBA
From: Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:09:11 +0100
Hello tsm'ers!

I've just moved an old QUalstar-tapelibrary using AIT2-drives from a
TSM-server on a IBM/RS6000-server onto an server running on  a Sun-box.
The library/drives have been working fine on the AIX-system, but I only
get half the speed on the SUn-box.

The HBA's on the SUn are "NCR 53C875 Fast20 Wide"

When connecting the drives using the TSM-device-driver, the drives avre
connnected as narrow devices.

If connected using the native st-driver, the drives are connected wide as
they should.

Is anyone running a similar configuration? Any known tricks to make this
work?

According to the manpages for the HBA-driver (glm), the target driver has
to enable wide-xfer explicitly.

The st (and sd) driver do this, but the tsm-driver obviously does not..

                                                     Tom