ADSM-L

Clone Server Configuration Without Nodes, Filesystems, Contents

2004-01-29 17:21:46
Subject: Clone Server Configuration Without Nodes, Filesystems, Contents
From: Mitch Sako <msako AT CADENCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:24:47 -0800
I want to setup a test server and need an exact clone of my production
(5.2.2.1 Linux) server and configuration WITHOUT any of the node and
contents.  Is there a dump/restore type operation that will do this
completely?  Other than copying configuration files and manually setting
everything up, is there a way to do this painlessly?  I've done this a few
times manually and I always seem to miss some little esoteric option here
or there.