ADSM-L

Re: TDP TSMPIPE error

2004-01-27 10:20:50
Subject: Re: TDP TSMPIPE error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:20:18 -0500
Mohan,

You don't mention version, release levels of the TSM Server.
Also, I assume you are referring to Data Protection for
Exchange... since you mention "storage groups" in your problem
description. It is always good to include that type of information
when posting to this list.

Named pipes should work. It sounds like you have a configuration
problem. If the BA client on the same machine is working (for sure),
then make sure the communications settings are the same in the
Data Protection for Exchange DSM.OPT file.

The thing that has me wondering here is that you said in the
"TDP dsmerror.log".  If Data Protection for Exchange has an error
with the TSM API communications, it would appear in a file called
DSIERROR.LOG, not DSMERROR.LOG. So, I am suspicious.

I would go back and double-check your settings in the options files
and verify for sure that the BA client is actually using named pipes
(QUERY SESSION on the TSM Server will show the communications method
being used). If you continue to have problems, you should call IBM
support.

Thanks,

Del