ADSM-L

Re: Out of the way -NTP on AIX

2004-01-26 12:18:56
Subject: Re: Out of the way -NTP on AIX
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:18:22 -0600
you may have to set up a 'restrict' statement for NTP, depending on what
version you are using.

restrict default ignore

restrict 127.0.0.1

server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
restrict xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Add the restrict statements, and restart.  use xntpdc to check how you
are doing;  peers, sysinfo, monlist should give you some ideas.  In peers,
your reach should be greater than 0 after some time.  377 means a good
connection (again, this takes time).

hope this helps.

bob