ADSM-L

Re: TSM Journaling on a cluster

2004-01-21 06:33:53
Subject: Re: TSM Journaling on a cluster
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:33:25 +0000
Terry,

Yes, we use TSM JBB's on an MSCS Win2K AS server - it's a production
system, and since we've got the JBB's up and running properly (a few
probs to begin with) we haven't experienced a failover to the 'B' system
to see how the JBB's respond. Since 5.1 client there is a
PreserveDBonexit setting which is designed to keep the journal alive if
the tsmjbbd daemon goes down, and should keep the journal valid during a
failover.

We have a floating TSM client that goes with the clustered drive, and
the journal database for the clustered drive lives on the clustered
drive (change the JouranalDir=... in the tsmjbbd.ini options file under
the [JournaledFileSystemSettings.X:\] stanza). We're using TSM Client
5.1.6.7.

Check out the 'IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows Backup-Archive
Clients Installation and User's Guide Appendix D around p410,412 for
more details on getting JBB's to work with MSCS.

David McClelland
Management Systems Integrator
Global Management Systems
Reuters