ADSM-L

Netware/NDS backup questions

2004-01-20 15:57:05
Subject: Netware/NDS backup questions
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:56:30 -0500
Just started doing NDS/eDirectory backup and restore testing via the TSM
5.2.2 client on Netware 6.0 SP3 boxes and I have a few questions.

1.   The NDS backup seems to *ALWAYS* backup *ALL* entries in NDS/tree
(the TSM server is idle).  Is this the way it is or did I miss something ?

2.   How can I improved the backup performance. Backing up 99K NDS entries
takes 3.5-4 hours.  Are there some TCPIP tweaks that would help ?

3.   Can I backup NDS info in one Tree and restore to another Tree ?  Does
this restore *EVERYTHING* (i.e. passwords, etc).