ADSM-L

Re: dsm.opt domain backup order

2004-01-20 11:11:47
Subject: Re: dsm.opt domain backup order
From: Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT ITG.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:11:22 -0600
Yeah, no prob, I ran into the nfs not being ALL-LOCAL a while back.

Our NFS mounts are OS X workspaces, and since the OS X tsm client
scheduler DOES NOT WORK, and the OS X tsm client software does NOT run
on the command line (so you can't run a cron job on OS X), we mount the
workspaces to linux and back them up there. But the NFS mount dies
occasionally, and thus the entire dsmc backup job was dying. I've
separated out jobs so that ALL-LOCAL and NFS dsmc jobs run as different
processes, so if the NFS dies, the ALL-LOCAL completes regardless. Problem
solved.

Alex