ADSM-L

dsm.opt domain backup order

2004-01-20 10:10:28
Subject: dsm.opt domain backup order
From: Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT ITG.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:10:07 -0600
running dsmc incr on tsm client 5.1, running redhat linux 9.0. server is
tsm 5.1.6.5 on windows 2K server.

the dsm.opt on the client has two domain specifications: ALL-LOCAL and
/Workspaces/blah (which is an nfs mount and having problems). I want to
force the client to backup the ALL-LOCAL first, but no matter what I do,
whatever order I list them in, the client ALWAYS tries to backup
/Workspaces/blah first. How do I force it to run the ALL-LOCAL backup
first? Nothing in the manual for "domain" talks about order.

I can always make two cron jobs, one that backups ALL-LOCAL and then a
second cron job that backs up blah, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Thanks in advance,

Alex