ADSM-L

Re: Exclude.dir statements

2004-01-19 09:28:18
Subject: Re: Exclude.dir statements
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:27:17 -0700
Actually correct syntax is:

    exclude.dir *:\...\logcaster

Note that there should be no terminating slash at the end of the
specification.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
01/13/2004 13:38

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

Correct your entry. It should read

    exclude.dir *:\...\logcaster\

Ideally, rather than the exclude.dir, you could exclude the files you wish
with

    exclude *:\...\logcaster\...\*

This choice will allow you to backup (and restore) the directory structure
under "logcaster" without having to backup troublesome files within the
structure.