ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL Server question

2004-01-16 08:31:23
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL Server question
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:31:02 -0700
Eric,

The only way I've found to do this is to create another options file for
each sql node that needs to be restored.  Then enter TDPSQL with the
/tsmoptfile= switch.  For example:

On nodea:
dsm_nodeb.opt
nodename  nodeb_sql

Create a shortcut for your users with an appropriate name containing
"C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\tdpsql\tdpsql" /tsmoptfile=dsm_nodeb.opt

Then you will be able to see nodeb's sql databases on the TSM server in the
restore screen.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.