ADSM-L

Re: No Userids for Web Client

2004-01-15 14:55:10
Subject: Re: No Userids for Web Client
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:54:20 -0500
The userid is not part of the client definition.  (If you don't believe me,
try:  q node xxxxxxx, f=d).
When you specify a userid during registration, in addition to registering
the node, it creates an admin id.

So for node 123456, which already exists:

register admin 123456  password
grant authority 123456 authority=owner node=123456

But you probably don't want to really do that.

Who is doing the web based backup?
If it is a PERSON who is going to be driving the backup for , say, server8
and server9 and server10,

it's easier to register that PERSON as admin, and grant access authority to
server8, server9, and server10.
Then that person uses 1 id to do web backups & restores.

Hope that helps...