ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading drives in jukebox.

2004-01-14 23:08:35
Subject: Re: Upgrading drives in jukebox.
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:08:03 -0600
From:   Ochs, Duane [mailto:Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM]
>I have 3 TSM servers each with a SCSI attached L700 jukebox with 8 -
DLT7000 drives and 300 + full tapes. I intend on upgrading to SDLT320 by the
end of next month.

Now for the problem.
How do I get the data off the existing tapes and onto the new tapes ?
Is there a way to define two drive types in a scsi attached jukebox ?<

About the only way to logically partition your L700 (the only way to use mixed
media and mixed drives) is to use ACSLS to drive the library--something that
some people think is a cure that is worse than the disease.