ADSM-L

NW 6.5 corruption problem.

2004-01-12 15:05:51
Subject: NW 6.5 corruption problem.
From: Curt Watts <cwatts AT CAPCOLLEGE.BC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:05:21 -0800
Has anyone come across a situation like this before?

Using TSM Server 5.2.1.2 and the latest version of the Netware Client
5.2.2.0.

When the client was originally installed on the Netware 6.5 server
(back in Dec), the backups/restores worked just fine.

Over the weekend, we upgraded several Netware volumes from being
TRADITIONAL format to NSS format to accommodate Mac file capabilities.

THE PROBLEM:
  There was a backup done Sunday night of the new Volumes and this
seemed to cause documents throughout the drives to become corrupt.

INITIAL TESTING:
  We have tried the following patterns of restore -

  Most recent backup (Jan 11) to NSS volume = still corrupt
  Most recent backup (Jan 11) to NSS volume & different location =
still corrupt
  Most recent backup (Jan 11) to TRAD volume = still corrupt

  Point in time backup (Jan 10am) to NSS volume = still corrupt
  Point in time backup (Jan 10am) to NSS & different location volume =
still corrupt
  Point in time backup (Jan 10am) to TRAD volume = WORKS

  Oldest backup version of the file available (Various dates) to NSS
volume = WORKS
  Oldest backup version of the file available (Various dates) to TRAD
volume = WORKS

~~~~~~~~~

  We've found that any files that were compressed before the conversion
made it through without being a problem.

Any ideas?!?

Curt Watts
Network Analyst, Capilano College
cwatts AT capcollege.bc DOT ca