ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server 5.2.2.0 actlog prob

2004-01-09 15:50:01
Subject: Re: TSM Server 5.2.2.0 actlog prob
From: Bob McCole <bob.mccole AT AMS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:47:08 -0500
APAR IC38868 has been opened for this....here's the fix we got from
support:

The solution is:
1. Edit dsmserv.idl file:
Find following line:
    ddefine parm actlog query name=domainname  type=sellist value="select -
    domain_name from domains" default="" title=23230

Change the default="" to default=" " (add a space)
save file
2. rerun the idl file

Regards,

Bob McCole
Manager, Computing Services
American Management Systems, Inc.
703-267-5347 (voice)
703-267-5380 (fax)

                      John Monahan
                      <JMonahan@COMPURE        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      S.COM>                   cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  TSM Server 5.2.2.0
actlog prob
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      01/08/2004 06:42
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

 I just installed TSM 5.2.2.0 on a test server - Windows 2003.  This was
upgraded from 5.1.6 something.

The default activity log query from the web browser is not working.  I get:
ANR2020E QUERY ACTLOG: Invalid parameter - DOMAINNAME.

A help query actlog reveals:
DOmainname
               Specifies that the query displays messages logged for a
               particular policy domain to which a named schedule belongs.
               This parameter is optional, unless you are specifying a
               schedule name.

I am not specifying a schedule, this is just the default actlog query from
a browser.  I can't change the domainname field to be blank in the browser,
it is a drop down list only.  I can make the query work by changing the
default originator from ALL to CLIENT.  It seems that the domainname field
is only valid when the originator is CLIENT anyway, but there is no way to
blank the domainname field out in the browser for the originators of ALL or
SERVER.

Anyone else have 5.2.2.0 installed yet and see this problem?

John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109