ADSM-L

Re: Copy Storage Pool.

2004-01-09 13:26:43
Subject: Re: Copy Storage Pool.
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:25:38 -0500
Hi George,
I assume you are currently backing up your data to a (tape) pool.
To create offsite copies you need to:

1). Create a copy storage pool using a DEFINE STORAGE POOL
POOLTYPE=COPY..........(you can look up the parms.)

2). Get the data into the copy pool from the primary pool using BACKUP
STGPOOL........( you can look up the parms)

3). then you can determine which volumes in your copypool have data and
are in the library using something like Q VOL STG=X ACC=READW

4). Then you can check them out and upd them to offsite

Once you understand the sequence you can script the checkouts. And add
steps to check the copypool voluimes back in when they are recalimed.

>>> mytsm2003 AT YAHOO.COM DOT BR 1/9/2004 12:51:13 PM >>>
HI, folks.

I4m having a problem to do a backup copy. I need to do a backup copy to
other tapes (copy storage pool), but I4m lost (I read a little the
manual, but it is not so clear.)...

I know that there is a option in the backup offsite (that i saw in
manuals)...I would like to do my backup and to create a tape copy to
take from the room (and take it to another building)...

Who can help me ???

thanks

George Wash

Central anti-spam do Yahoo! Mail: com dicas, dzvidas e curiosidades!