ADSM-L

Re: Storage Consolidation

2004-01-06 15:42:14
Subject: Re: Storage Consolidation
From: John Doe <SDinelle AT CANADELLE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:41:33 -0500
So higher the % will be, more tapes it will use OR is it the opposite?

Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT EDNET.NS DOT CA>
01/06/2004 03:29 PM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

""

help upd stgp

Among other things:

REClaim
      Specifies when the server reclaims a volume, based on the
percentage of
      reclaimable space on a volume. Reclamation makes the fragmented
space
      on volumes usable again by moving any remaining unexpired files from
      one volume to another volume, thus making the original volume
available
      for reuse. This parameter is optional. You can specify an integer
from
      1 to 100.

      Specify a value of 50 percent or greater for this parameter so that
      files stored on two volumes can be combined onto a single output
      volume.
      Note:
           This parameter is unavailable for storage pools with
           DATAFORMAT=NETAPPDUMP or DATAFORMAT=CELERRADUMP.