ADSM-L

Moving primary pool to new library

2004-01-06 10:56:39
Subject: Moving primary pool to new library
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:55:59 -0500
When I moved from 3480 to 3590 in a magstar I preceded as follows:

Create new devclass pointing to new library and drives

Create new storage pool using new devclass

Point all management classes to use the new storage pool

Finally, update the old storage pool's reclaimstorage pool to point to the
newly created pool.

Now reclamation will move your data for you.
If you need to move faster, just lower the reclamation threshhold.

Hope this helps.

Gary Lee
Senior Operating Systems Analyst
Ball State University