ADSM-L

moving a primary sequential access storage pool to another library

2004-01-05 19:09:24
Subject: moving a primary sequential access storage pool to another library
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:08:59 -0800
Is it possible to move a primary sequential access storage pool from one
library to another library with out having to copy the data?  If so, how?

I need to move my primary sequential access storage pools from one library
to another.  If I could update the device class name for the storage pool my
problem would be resolved but the device_class_name is not an UPDATE STGPOOL
option.

Is it possible to delete the sequential access storage pool
device_class_name and then re-define the same device_class_name while
specifying the other library without corrupting the database?