ADSM-L

Re: More mount points thru space reclamation

2004-01-02 07:43:50
Subject: Re: More mount points thru space reclamation
From: Lars-Erik Öhman <larsa.ohman AT CARNEGIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 13:43:27 +0100
Here is the config for the server:

Q dr:

Library Name     Drive Name       Device Type     On-Line
------------     ------------     -----------     -------------------
LB6              LB6DR0           LTO             Yes
LB6              LB6DR1           LTO             Yes
LB6              LB6DR2           LTO             Yes

Q path:

Source Name     Source Type     Destination     Destination     On-Line
                                Name            Type
-----------     -----------     -----------     -----------     -------
CARNSWETSM1     SERVER          LB6             LIBRARY         Yes
CARNSWETSM1     SERVER          LB6DR0          DRIVE           Yes
CARNSWETSM1     SERVER          LB6DR1          DRIVE           Yes
CARNSWETSM1     SERVER          LB6DR2          DRIVE           Yes

Q stg stdbktsm2c:

Storage       Device        Estimated     Pct     Pct   High   Low   Next
Pool Name     Class Name     Capacity    Util    Migr    Mig   Mig   Storage
                                 (MB)                    Pct   Pct   Pool
-----------   ----------   ----------   -----   -----   ----   ---   -----------
STDBKTSM2C    TSM2CLASS    4,414,183.    45.2
                                    9

The copy storage pool config:

Copy Storage Pools : STDBKTSM2C

Storage Pool Name STDBKTSM2C
Storage Pool Type COPY
Device Class Name TSM2CLASS
Estimated Capacity (MB) 4414183.8
Pct Util 45.2
Pct Migr -
Pct Logical 99.3
High Mig Pct -
Low Mig Pct -
Migration Processes -
Next Storage Pool -
Maximum Size Threshold -
Access READWRITE
Description -
Overflow Location -
Cache Migrated Files? -
Collocate? NO
Reclamation Threshold 60
Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed 100
Delay Period for Volume Reuse 0
Migration in Progress? -
Amount Migrated (MB) -
Elapsed Migration Time (seconds) -
Reclamation in Progress? No
Volume Being Migrated/Reclaimed -
Last Update Date/Time 2003-07-11 12:58:48.000000
Last Update by (administrator) LAROHM
Reclaim Storage Pool -
Migration Delay -
Migration Continue -
Storage Pool Data Format Native
Copy Storage Pool(s) -
Continue Copy on Error? -
CRC Data NO

The server device class:

Server Device Classes : TSM2CLASS

Device Class Name TSM2CLASS
Device Access Strategy Sequential
Storage Pool Count 1
Device Type SERVER
Format -
Est/Max Capacity 100G
Mount Limit 2
Mount Wait (min) -
Mount Retention (min) 2
Label Prefix ADSM
Drive Letter -
Library -
Directory -
Server Name CARNSWETSM2
Retry Period 10
Retry Interval 30
Twosided -
Shared -
Last Update by (administrator) LAROHM
Last Update Date/Time 2004-01-02 10:49:54.000000

All of this looks the same, but in the other direction :-),  as far as I can se
on the other site where it seems to work just fine!!

Or is the problem on the destination server???

/Larsa