ADSM-L

Re: SQL statement

2003-12-31 08:27:02
Subject: Re: SQL statement
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:26:43 -0500
>I'm looking for an SQL statement which returns all restores (nodes and
>filenames) done by my clients.
>I'm not much of an SQL wizard, so maybe someone is willing to help me or
>give me a hint?

Eric - I don't believe that such capability exists. Certainly, storing
       minutiae like that would be quite costly in terms of server space
and overhead.  You may be thinking toward the Restores table; but that was
introduced in v3 as part of Restartable Restores, for an active restoral.
I think the best you can do is glean restoral statistics from the
accounting records.  Detail restoral logs from the client systems might be
preservable, if your organization so mandated as part of business integrity.

  Richard Sims, BU