ADSM-L

Possible Bug? Cache hit pct. Going crazy

2003-12-22 10:19:13
Subject: Possible Bug? Cache hit pct. Going crazy
From: "Thach, Kevin G" <KThach AT COVHLTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:18:13 -0500
I'm running TSM 5.1.7.3 on AIX 5.1 and after the server has been up for
quite a while without a reboot, the Cache Hit Pct. Number starts to freak
out like below.  I can reset it, everything is fine for weeks, then it will
do this again.  I've seen it on previous versions as well.

Anyone else experienced this?

tsm: TSM>q db f=d

          Available Space (MB): 40,960
        Assigned Capacity (MB): 32,768
        Maximum Extension (MB): 8,192
        Maximum Reduction (MB): 1,120
             Page Size (bytes): 4,096
            Total Usable Pages: 8,388,608
                    Used Pages: 6,692,416
                      Pct Util: 79.8
                 Max. Pct Util: 80.0
              Physical Volumes: 10
             Buffer Pool Pages: 131,072
         Total Buffer Requests: 24,951,870
                Cache Hit Pct.: 16,987.56
               Cache Wait Pct.: 0.00
           Backup in Progress?: No
    Type of Backup In Progress:
  Incrementals Since Last Full: 0
Changed Since Last Backup (MB): 2,214.00
            Percentage Changed: 8.47
Last Complete Backup Date/Time: 12/21/2003 13:45:37

This E-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended only
for the use of the Individual(s) named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this E-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination or copying of this E-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this E-mail in error, please immediately notify us at (865)
374-4900 or notify us by E-mail at hdesk AT covhlth DOT com.